The Sibyl Center is a Big Center for The Arts in a Little Town. In 2003 a group of volunteers organized and took ownership of a vacant church, built-in 1928, to develop a center for the arts in their town, Stanley. A complete renovation took place over several years. The Concert Hall will seat 180 for performances and the lower level will seat 100. Concerts, dinners, teas, receptions, dances, children’s theatre and quilt shows all have found a home at The Sibyl Center. There is a gallery for exhibits which features local artists. The Sibyl Center is open from May through October. It is an example of what volunteers can accomplish when they are dedicated to a project for the betterment of their community.